One of the nation’s largest hospital networks says an IT alert issued Monday was not the result of a cyberattack.
The University of Toronto Health Network said in a series of tweets on Tuesday morning that its IT systems would be fully restored by the end of the day.
“We are confident this was not a cyber attack and work overnight has restored almost all systems and ensured they are stable,” the statement said.
“There was no breach of patient data as the problems with the system were entirely internal. The work required to put all the information about the care provided yesterday into the system will go on throughout the day.
“Today scheduled care will be delayed, as it was yesterday and we regret the inconvenience and anxiety this has caused patients and their families. Work will also be done to ensure we fix the causes of the failure.”
It comes after a network of three hospitals – Toronto Western, Toronto General and Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, declared a code gray IT emergency. UNH is also included Toronto Rehabilitation InstituteAnd Michener InstituteA post-secondary institution offering diplomas and certificates in health sciences and leadership.
UHN websites were backed up on Tuesday morning.
Toronto’s Sick Children’s Hospital declared a code gray last month following a ransomware attack. Code Gray was canceled last week after IT remediation efforts resulted in 80 percent of IT systems being brought back online.